Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 160: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1454: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3531: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3533: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Slouppi • View topic - Riistavuori, Haaga

Slouppi

Rock climbing and Bouldering in Finland
It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 22:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2001 22:02 

-- Posted by routsi on 4:55 pm on June 4, 2001

Just a little note about this new place. As Samppa wrote in "news", that piece of le mur is very close to Riistavuorenkuja 3 apartment building. It is actually on the backyard of it and as you "descend" from the left side routes of it, you can't avoid walking across the building's pathway...

So here is my request: I have spoken with the residents of Riistavuorenkuja 3 quite a bit since they have been quite excited about "crazy activity" taking place under their windows and they have curioiusly approach us bouldering there. They are mainly elderly folks with good sense of humour and as far as I understand, cranking is perfectly ok with 'em. Things can change if someone's making hassle or performs loud show etc., I think you know what I mean.

Also one thing that they DO NOT LIKE (as I found through personal mistake...) is walking through their frontyard's pathway to and from the cragg. USE LITTLE PATH THAT STARTS BEHIND THE REDISH ELECRICITY DISTRIBUTION HUT (muuntajakoppi) INSTEAD, PLEASE!! Another bad manner for them is parking one's car on that paved particular pathway. Cars can be left by the powerhousehut (or whatever it's called... Siis muuntajalle)

Let's keep that nice spot's friendly appearance to local residents on, OK?

Thanks beforehands and enjoy the lines,

Mikko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Posted by routsi on 4:59 pm on June 4, 2001

One addition: that goddamn powerhut is naturally on Riistavuorenkuja as you drive from Haagan Urheilutie on your right...

Cheers,

Mikko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Posted by Jarkko on 1:29 pm on June 6, 2001

I think that it would be good if people would always go down from right between the high and overhanging sections instead of walking down from left because this minimizes traffic on the yard. The locals have not complained of this yet, but if/as the popularity of the place increases they might not like it very much.

-- Posted by Dave on 2:33 pm on June 6, 2001

.... maybe this could start a new lease of life for the old folks of Riistavuorenkuja 3. You know, The Haaga Pensioners Cranking Club... that sort of thing. Imagine the implications for climbing in Finland if it catches on? Ageing war heroes and widows, instead of being sent to some boring health spa in Naantali for a couple of weeks a year, would visit Vaasa Pet Cemetary Spa or recuperate in the sunny forests of Fontainebleau......

cheers
Dave

-- Posted by routsi on 2:54 pm on June 6, 2001

Dave, are you saying this because you hear the voice calling you're name? Since you're not in your teens any more and you're living in such a boring and oldfashioned place as Turku, it could be considerable to start thinking about moving to Haaga close to Riistavuori. Two reasons: good climbing and to get rid of your nasty "turku-dialect"!

Cheers, Mikko :smile:!!

-- Posted by Dave on 1:41 pm on June 7, 2001

.... Thats certainly two good reasons for moving to Haaga, though maybe I'll stick it out over here a little bit longer since I'm trying to persuade Kruxi to start a veterans section. With me and Hessu as members.... now where did I leave my Zimmer frame?

cheers
Dave

-- Posted by olli on 2:06 pm on June 7, 2001

joo, haaga tarvitsee totisesti vahvistusta. yksi meni avioon, toinen muutti lähemmäs abrahaminkatua ja kolmas lähiöön, missä niitä yksinhuoltajia riittää...

-- Posted by Toby on 2:33 pm on June 7, 2001

".... Thats certainly two good reasons for moving to Haaga..."

Besides the bouldering, I can't think of many others though! :wink:

Toby.

-- Posted by routsi on 1:57 pm on June 8, 2001

Dear Toby, I woudn't be that opinionated about Haaga. It is actually a quite place to live. Especially now with R-vuori's offerings.

Olli, you're dead right, climbing community is now up to you... And knowing you have scheduled over past times some frequent trips to Kannelmäki, it is a bit worrying...

And Dave, do you think it's possible to join that section as a Helsinkiläinen, say, a member from "abroad"?

Mikko :wink:

-- Posted by Dave on 2:30 pm on June 8, 2001

>And Dave, do you think it's possible to join that section >as a Helsinkiläinen, say, a member from "abroad"?

Maybe you could apply. The entry requirements are fairly demanding though. Not least of which are a rapidly receding hairline or large areas of grey hair. Neither of which apply to you I believe...

cheers
Dave

-- Posted by olli on 2:44 pm on June 8, 2001

dude,

it's me after all. the promising future left far behing years back - but one never knows... still, i have some communal responsibilities i'm happy to stick with. and as the most aware people know, the center of the universe is located at haagan urheilutie 6 b 20...

-- Posted by routsi on 5:32 pm on June 8, 2001

True, it's due to my strong genetic heritage as a Lapp...

-- Posted by routsi on 5:35 pm on June 8, 2001

Yes, Olli, you are right (again).. So that is the address I can now subscribe Playboy and other "stuff" sice McMahney is not in Haaga any longer? Can't do it to my home address any more...