Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 160: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1454: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3531: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3533: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Slouppi • View topic - Screwgate on Urheiluhullu (Falkberget)

Slouppi

Rock climbing and Bouldering in Finland
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 20:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Screwgate on Urheiluhullu (Falkberget)
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 07:58 

I removed a screwgate from the top bolt of Urheiluhullu yesterday to clip my quickdraw. If it's yours please email me and I'll give it back anthony.bishopp-at-gmail-dot-com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Screwgate on Urheiluhullu (Falkberget)
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 19:02 

Many of the routes in Falkberget (sledgehammer, renesanssi, to name a few) have screwgates at the anchor since not all of them have clippable anchors. If you would be so kind to return the screwgate to its rightful place at the anchor of Urheiluhullu.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 07:40 

I'll return it on Tuesday. This doesn't make sense to me though. Urheiluhullu is equipped with a perfect fixe lower off with two bolts, a chain and a steel carabiner. This screwgate was on the last protection bolt (not the anchor). If you climb the route, you need to remove the screwgate to clip your quickdraw.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:41 

Oh, my bad, I read you removed it from the anchor. I guess someone has had to lower off from the top bolt since not being able to go to the top or something. I don't know the actual route that well, if the last part is tough and a lot of people have to turn off there, then having a screwgate on the last bolt gives people chance to lower off without losing a quickdraw but if it's easy climbing then it's just ruining people's on-sights. Your call.