Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 160: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1454: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3531: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3533: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Slouppi • View topic - helsinki, turku and ALAND bouldering

Slouppi

Rock climbing and Bouldering in Finland
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 09:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: helsinki, turku and ALAND bouldering
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 13:49 

hey guys!

i need some help :-).

on august 18th i will start for a little bouldering and meeting some friends trip to southern finland and sweden. start of my trip is in tampere, but i might leave the next day for helsinki. i know that there´s several areas and it would be great to check out a few of them.
after that i leave for turku and hopefully find some locals either to try out the mynämäki area. my timeschedule is pretty tight, so it seems like i can stay just for 2 or 3 days in each of them. unless i´m fucking overwelmed or something like this :D .
but my biggest goal for the trip is actually aland. if everything works out like planned (and out of experience i can say it wont) i will be there roughly around august 25th. i´ve seen loads of pictures on 27crags and i´m more then impressed by that stuff! if it´s possible and i find some people to hang out with me at that time it seems likely that i stay for about a week in that area.
unfortunately i wont be able to bring an own crashpad and an own car. it should be not a problem for helsinki, because i know already that i could hire a pad and can reach some spots with public transport. but for the turku and aland thing it sucks a lot. that´s actually one reason why i started writing this message...
is there anybody out there who wants to go bouldering in the spots from above? it would be awesome to meet local boulderers (although i know it´s surely not the best time of the year for bouldering) and hang out at your rocks.
some details about me? i´m 30 years old, live right at the border to the frankenjura and usually just go bouldering. i had a break of it for more then one and a half years after an awesome trip to grampians. then i started for a 19 month traveling trip without any bouldering at all and started only recently pulling on holds when i came back. obviously i´m not as strong as before (currently around 7c), but i really don´t care that much anymore. as long as i have a good time, meeting new people and have fun it´s perfect :D !
it would be so fucking great if anyone would like to join me (or more likely the other way around :) ) for some bouldering activities!
hope to hear from you...
nice greetings,
mirko

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: helsinki, turku and ALAND bouldering
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 07:45 

Hey Mirko,

give me a call or post a reply when you're arriving to Helsinki area... Could join you for a bouldering session and possibly hook you up with some accommodation if you're still around on the weekend of week 34.

Mikko (+358440575431)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 07:52 

Hi!

I will be in Åland during weekdays from about 18th August until end of September due to work. I intend to go climbing as often as possible but unfortunately it will only be in the evenings. I have a car and a crash pad. I just had a chat with the locals on the island and it appears that at least the most active ones have a break in their climbing so it would be great if you would join me. Give me a call when you get there and we'll meet up.

Thomas
+358 (0)40 777 9844

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 23:44 

@ mikko: sounds terrific! your number is saved :D . looking forward to go bouldering in helsinki. and i might be even in helsinki on that weekend. o, if i don´t have a couch available at that time, i would be delighted to take your offer :D . c u soon

@ thomas: i tell you man, i´m so fucking amazed by your answer! it would be so incredible to go and rock the boulders on that island. where do you actually stay when you are on the island? because i found a host who´s living in mariehamn. if you are there as well we could even share fuelcosts and go there together... well, anyway. i saved your number and i will call you for sure!!! looking forward to :D . c u soon

@ all the rest out there: would be so cool to find even more people to rock the stuff! :D

Profile E-mail