Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 160: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1454: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3531: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3533: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Slouppi • View topic - Helsinki area - Looking where to go climb and for partners

Slouppi

Rock climbing and Bouldering in Finland
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 00:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Helsinki area - Looking where to go climb and for partners
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 14:22 

Hey,
I just moved to Helsinki and looking for any climbing activities.
Did indoor climbing for one semester, i know, i am beginner but i am really motivated to continue.
Please anyone if you can give me any information about places to do it, clubs I can join, people who need a partner and so on write me on e-mail or here.

ljudmila.velikodnaya(at)gmail.com

:wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Helsinki area - Looking where to go climb and for partners
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 16:09 

Welcome to Helsinki.

There are pretty good indoor climbing facilities in Helsinki. For roped climbing there are two walls which are fairly easy to get to and quite good. The university has a small but well maintained wall in Kumpula and there is a bigger wall in Tapanila. Both are a short bus ride from the centre. There are fantastic bouldering facilities close to Pasila train station. I am mostly bouldering here over the winter. You would be welcome to join me, but it's also really easy just to turn up and climb. At the moment there is the chance for ice or mixed climbing but you have to be pretty keen.

Just ask if you want to know anything else. Tony

http://yliopistoliikunta.helsinki.fi/yo ... iipeily.do
http://www.kiipeilykeskus.com
http://www.boulderkeskus.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 16:13 

Sorry, I should add - it's really easy to turn up at the bouldering cave and climb. At the roped climbing venues you need to do a short test. At Tapanila this is trivial (assuming that your belaying skills etc. are fine - which they probably are after a semester of climbing). At Kumpula this is a problem as the instructor is only there at certain times. Perhaps someone can find out when this is. If you want to rope climb, the easiest thing to do is to do the test in Tapanila and ask them for a certificate, you can then show them this in Kumpula and climb there. If you are a student or work at the university the Kumpula wall is pretty cheap.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 

Just a little correction to what Tony's saying: everyone climbing in Kumpula has to do the test there, a certificate from other climbing facilities is not valid. At least that's how it was a few years back when I was an instructor there. The instructor is there on Wednesdays, from I believe around 17.30 until around 20.00, so that's when you can take the test.

Ossi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 21:00 

Ok, sorry about that. I never did a test but that was in 2004. My information is very out of date.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 21:25 

Thank you guys :)

Profile E-mail