Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 160: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1454: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3531: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3533: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Slouppi • View topic - Bouldering in Ekenäs/Raasepori...

Slouppi

Rock climbing and Bouldering in Finland
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:46

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Bouldering in Ekenäs/Raasepori...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 15:54 

Hello fellow finns!
I am a Swedish climber who, during the summer 2010, will be living in Ekenäs. I really would like to boulder during my stay there. Is there any guide I can get my hands on covering the areas in and around Helsinki and Turku and all in between or do I have to do some kind of summery of the 27crag info? Is there areas with rock closer to Ekenäs than the Inkoo area(that is under development)? I will have a car so distance really isn't that big a deal but sure it is nicer the closer the crag area is to home. Will also be doing some kayaking so if there are any Islands close by I would be more than happy...

Any climbers living in Ekenäs who wants bouldering company this summer?

All info I can get my hands on is of value.
And yeah, one more thing. What is the general laws and restrictions regarding brushing up new routes etc? Do you have a law equal to allemansrätten in finland? The areas that has been explored so far, have they been done without the landowners consent? Surely (...) boulders in and around the archipelago will not be so overcrowded with moss and stuff but still...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Bouldering in Ekenäs/Raasepori...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 09:47 

The printed topo book includes only roped climbs, so yeah, 27crags is probably the best database. The Ekenäs and Hanko area does not really have any rock at all (the rocks in the old ww2 tank trenches are not big enough to climb on), so you will have to move away a bit to find any decent boulders.

If you want to develop new areas, know that allemansrätten is the same in Finland as in Sweden, and I don't think anybody will care if you brush some moss of a boulder here or there. Of course, if you find a place with more potential, it is always best to first talk to the landowner. Main problems are usually with parking, so take care to not block tractors from reaching the fields etc. You can start your exploring of new potential areas on https://www.karttapaikka.fi/karttapaikk ... asp?site=8.

Can't really commment on the kayaking, but the archipelago goes all the way along the coast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 13:05 

sweet, thank you for the reply, though it looks really depressing regarding stonestatus on the karttapaikka site...well well...guess it is time to buy a beastmaster of some sort...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 15:24 

Well JAB, you are quite wrong about Västra Nylands potential. There is some reasonable bouldering there, 27crags indicate most of it though. For example that area in 27crags at the Old coastal way (Gamla kustvägen) has quite a few lines of variable difficulty. Plus some projects of high nature as well.

Another spot up towards highway 51 has some stiff lines by Aki. And some stuff towards Fiskars village as well, although not indicated in any topo as far as I know... Plus - heaps of stuff in the woods towards Salo-Lohja-Karjalohja (from Ekenäs) just waiting to be found.