Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 160: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 916: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1454: htmlspecialchars(): charset `iso8859-10' not supported, assuming utf-8

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/customers/klippi/public_html/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3531: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3532: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3533: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Slouppi • View topic - Haukankallio

Slouppi

Rock climbing and Bouldering in Finland
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 20:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 17:20 

Does anyone know the history of the no. 1 wallnut stuck in the roof crack in the huge roof right of Suuri leikkaus at Haukankallio? Has the line been climbed? The rest of the route looks quite feasible, but that move looks absolutely desperate.

More people should visit Haukankallio, it has some excellent routes. Suuri leikkaus and Kampa must be the two best routes of their grade in Southern Finland. Nak Nak is also good underneath the dirt - it is now a lot cleaner than it was as it had three ascents in one day when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

It a bit of a vicious circle as the crag won't get cleaner until it gets climbed on more, but it won't get climbed on that much because it is dirty.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 14:38 

Why don't you just take a brush and clen it! Same applies to this Olhis-guy - no point just whinge about dirt!

Do you really think there's some cleaningpatrol going about just to make your life easier? If you fancy some abandonded craggs and routes, you got to pay the price!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 08:56 

Quote:
On 2003-08-08 15:38, MRoutsi wrote:
Why don't you just take a brush and clen it! Same applies to this Olhis-guy - no point just whinge about dirt!

Is the heat starting to get to you? I suggest a cool drink and sitting in the shade... By the way, who is "this Olhis-guy?"

You missed my point completely. First of all, we have in effect cleaned all the routes we've led at Haukankallio, just by climbing them. Just to place the gear you need to clean the cracks out and brush the worst of the dirt off the holds before holding/standing on them. Suuri Leikaus and Kampa are both reasonably clean anyway, although we cleaned the cracks out a bit more. Nak Nak was dirty but the other guy who led it, plus me and my partner's ascent took a lot of the dirt off it. One guy also climbed Vaellus, and judging by the amount of crap raining down on his belayer, he was doing a good job of cleaning that.

[/quote]
Do you really think there's some cleaningpatrol going about just to make your life easier? If you fancy some abandonded craggs and routes, you got to pay the price!!
[/quote]

Of course not. I just wondered why they are 'abandoned'? People are forever moaning about there not be that much climbing in Finland, but you have 30 metre high crags, less than an hour from Helsinki that very few people visit. But drive past Rollarit on any sunny summers night and there will be cars there, some times a dozen or more. Same for Nuuksio. Those routes get polished, whilst other routes disappear under the dirt.

In past summers I've cleaned virtually all the routes at Tussinkoski and given them roughly accurate grades, and put the info here on Sloppi. But I don't think I've ever met another climber there. So the routes get dirty again. Climbs don't need a "cleaning patrol", they just need people to do them to keep them clean. I used to think that maybe these routes just aren't the type that people are interested in (easy to mid-grades, trad) but there the popularity of similar routes at Rollarit and Jaanankallio (even Olhava) seems to suggest this isn't the case. Perhaps people just like to climb in a social atmosphere with other climbers about?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:02 

Haha, I think i'm the olhis-guy. I mentioned that there were routes at the sectors down the lake that were incredibly dirty when i visited. I didnt mean that someone should keep them clean, but asked why they weren't being climbed.

Crags are like stores, even though all of them offer merchandise that people want, some get popular and some dont. Things like access and natural beauty can affect these things. For some reason, Rollarit is a popular practice crag, but if I had a car I would definitely visit other crags on weekends! If I only climbed at a single crag I would easily die of boredom cause once you've climbed all the routes you can onsight you just have a bunch of projects! I mean, projects are nice but I definitely like just climbing moderate routes.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:07 

You can get to Tussinkoski by bus! I used to go there that way before I had a car. There is a bus stop at the end of the road, 200 mtrs walking, or less. Just take a big brush with you. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 15:34 

hehee :D !i live about 7kilometers away from haukankallio!which is cool becouse i can go climbing there when ever i want!but i havent been there for a long time.but jeah they are pretty dirty the routes :lol: and there havent been many climbers lately.but it feels like it`s comeing more popular this year.i think :roll: but jeah.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Haukankallio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 

Morjens,
Missä kunnossa Haukankallion reitit mahtavat olla? Käykö tuolla kukaan enää kiipeämässä?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 07:18 

Kävin otteilemassa/pulteroimassa, mut reiteistä en tiedä.

(kalliomaalaus hirvi on kool)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 07:05 

Is Haukankallio in Kerava, or am I totally wrong?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 07:38 

Se on leppäkoskella.

http://www.mountainshop.fi/ *klik* "kiipeilypaikat" löytyy tarkemmat suuntimat.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 08:24 

Eipä tuonne kannata pahemmin mennä ellei harrasta teknistä... reitit ovat sen verran likaisia ja täynnä sammalisia hyllyjä. 2 vuotta sitten kallion päällä oli tolkuttomasti maa-ampiaispesiä, joten varmistaminen ylhäältä oli aika tuskaista. Paikka soveltuu paremmin picnik retkeilyyn ja maisemien ihailuun kuin kiipeilyyn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 09:27 

:lol:

Empä spotannut amppareita, mut siinä oikealla on mukavia boulderkorkeuxisia kallioita, joilla voi könytä picnicin yhteydessä.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 16:37 

Rommi wrote:
Eipä tuonne kannata pahemmin mennä ellei harrasta teknistä... reitit ovat sen verran likaisia ja täynnä sammalisia hyllyjä. 2 vuotta sitten kallion päällä oli tolkuttomasti maa-ampiaispesiä, joten varmistaminen ylhäältä oli aika tuskaista. Paikka soveltuu paremmin picnik retkeilyyn ja maisemien ihailuun kuin kiipeilyyn.

Ach, kyllä tuolla pari vuotta sitten tuli oikein hauska päivä vietettyä. Olihan osa reiteistä vähän sammaleessa (ei pahasti), mutta hyvää seikkailukiipeilymeininkiä siellä on. "Topon" (vanhassa mustassa topopainoksessa muuten reitit taisi olla vielä päinvastaisessa järjestyksessä) greiditkin on jänniä, kun ne on ilmoitettu jonkin vanhan teknisen kiipeilyn greidin mukaan, jolloin oli ilmeisesti ihan ok vetää haoista ja astua niiden päälle. Eli ei ne pelkkiä viitosen reittejä ole, löytyy sieltä tiukempaakin "luomu-onsight-olenko-pois-reitiltä-vai-onko-tämä-uusi-reitti" -tyylisiä linjojakin. :) Usea topon viitosen reitti on varmaan jotain kuutosen vapaakiipeilyä luonnollisilla varmistuksilla.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 09:44 

Pitihän se kallio käydä tarkistamassa. Pitää yhtyä Paulin mielipiteeseen. Hivenen törkyistähän tuolla oli, mutta samalla myös oikein mukavaa kiipeilyä. Itseasiassa Kaukalo (Punaisen topon mukaan) tarjoaa greidissään mitä mainiointa kiiipeilyä koko 25 metrin mitaltaan.

Suosittelen käymään jossain vaiheessa jos seikkailullisempi kiipeily kiinnostaa. Harja kannattaa ottaa mukaan niin voi samalla raaputella kriittisimpiä otteita puhtaammiksi. Paikka soveltuu myös hyvin kovilla kengillä kiipeämiseen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 22:23 

Kävinpä tänään pyörähtämässä Haukankalliolla. Näytti sitten viime näkemän (ehkä 6v sitten) ilmestyneen uudenkarheita pultteja yhden sporttilinjan verran ja muutama yläankkuri. Lieneekö tuo sportti kiivetty ja greidattu, anyone..?

Ja onkohan tuolla jotain projektia käynnissä kallion kehittämiseksi/palauttamiseksi kiipeilykäyttöön? Paikkahan on hieno ja potentiaalia omaava. "Massoja" ajatellen tosin vähän sensitiivinen, sillä lähin talo on suoraan kallion alla